Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy Tour of Hawaii

Travel Hawaii online with these Hawaii pictures and photos from all of the Hawaiian Islands. I hope you visit Hawaii after seeing the beauty of these images. Start your Hawaii vacation with these pictures, details, and maps of Maui, Oahu, Kauai, Molokai, Lanai, and the Island of Hawaii.
Hawaii is an isolated archipelago in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, approximately 2,550 miles southwest of Los Angeles and about 3,900 miles southeast of Tokyo. First settled by Polynesians between A.D. 300 and 600, Hawaii was visited by British captain James Cook in 1778. He named them the Sandwich Islands. Politically Hawaii is part of North America as a U.S. State, but geographically, because of its (isolated location,) it is not considered part of any continent. It's comprised of 8 major islands (Oahu, Hawaii, Maui, Kauai, Molokai, Lanai, Kahoolawe, and Niihau) and a series of smaller ones. Hawaii is the world's longest island chain. On December 7, 1941, the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor on the island of Oahu, and the United States entered World War II. Today the islands are one of the premier travel destinations in the world, and to quote Mark Twain, "The loveliest fleet of islands that lies anchored in any ocean..."

Hula's, luau's and lei-giving are all a reflection of the celebration of beauty, joy and happiness that's known as the spirit of Aloha. It has spectacular natural beauty, historic sights, world class dining, luxurious accommodations, black sand beaches and warm tropical breezes. Created by volcanic hotspots, the Hawaiian Islands consist of 122 islands and are home to the world's largest dormant volcano.

Oahu




Maui



Kauai



Lanai



Molokai



Big Island



Big Island of Hawaii (Population 148,677, Area 4,028 sq. miles) The "Big Island" is an island of diversity...the fiery volcanoes Mauna Loa (13,679 feet) and Kilauea, magnificent snow clad Mauna Kea (13,796 feet), the Desert of Kau, cascading waterfalls, the Puna Rainforest, the brilliant shades of Hilo orchids. The island of Hawaii is recognized agriculturally for its sugar, coffee, cattle and macadamia nuts. Popular destinations on the Big Island include Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Kealakekua Bay, Kailua-Kona, Kawaihae, Parker Ranch, Waipio Valley.

These lush, green islands are the visible tops of a chain of submerged volcanic mountains that stretch 3,100 miles from Hawaii, all the way to the Aleutian Trench in the north Pacific Ocean. Most are now inactive stumps of volcanic rock, encircled by coral reefs. The youngest volcano (Kilauea), in Volcanoes National Park on the Big Island, still erupts occasionally, spewing lava and creating new land. Maui's Haleakala is still considered active, but is not currently erupting. Oahu's Diamond Head, the most famous landmark in the island chain is a large volcanic tuff cone formed by a series of explosive eruptions an estimated 100,000 years ago. Ironically, in this tropical paradise, the tops of Mauna Loa and Muana Kea on the Big Island are snow-capped. Numerous sea cliffs fringe the outer edges of the islands, and rugged valleys, crater remnants, canyons and waterfalls are commonplace.
Climate
The Hawaiian Island's weather is very consistent, with only moderate changes in temperature throughout the year. There are only 2 seasons: the summer months (called Kau in Hawaiian) that extend from May to October and the winter months (Ho'oilo) that run from November to April. The average day-time summer temperature at sea level is 85 degrees F. (29.4 C) while the average day-time winter temperature is 78 degrees (25.6 C). For an look at Hawaii precipitation levels (by islands)
Traveler Information Attractions (a few major) Ancient sites and villages, volcano tours, beaches, surfing, and yes, you can still learn to do the "Hula". So many choices, our best advice is to "pick an island, any island," and you won't be disappointed. While there, besides the usual tourist activities, a visit to Pearl Harbor is highly recommended.
Sunset
Hawaiian Flower
Hawaiian Volcano
Hawaiian Animals
Hawaiian People
Hawaiian History Founded in 1892, the Society is dedicated to preserving historical materials relating to Hawai‘i and the Pacific region and to publishing scholarly research on Hawaiian and Pacific history. In addition, the Society presents lectures and other programs, free to the public, on various aspects of Hawaiian history. The Library of the Hawaiian Historical Society provides a research collection of printed and manuscript material for use by scholars, historians, history buffs, serious students, Society members, and others in the community interested in the history of Hawai‘i and the Pacific Island area. The Hawaiian Historical Society is widely known through its publications, which include a Papers series published between 1892 and 1940, Annual Reports, The Hawaiian Journal of History, and books emphasizing original sources. Hawaii History Moments are short descriptive essays on various topics from Hawai‘i’s colorful history, originally written as texts for a series of radio broadcasts. The Hawaiian Historical Society Web Reference Collection contains a convenient assortment of bibliographies, lists, and other guides useful in researching Hawai‘i’s past. This selective list of links to other sites on the World Wide Web provides pointers to material of particular interest to historians.

20 comments:

  1. Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all folks you actually recognize
    what you're talking approximately! Bookmarked.

    Please also consult with my site =). We may have a link trade
    contract among us

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really impressed along with your writing talents and also with
    the format on your blog. Is this a paid subject or did you customize it
    yourself? Anyway keep up the nice quality writing, it's uncommon to see a nice blog like this
    one today..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having read this I believed it was really enlightening.
    I appreciate you spending some time and effort to put this information together.
    I once again find myself spending a lot of time both reading and leaving comments.
    But so what, it was still worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there to every body, it's my first pay a visit of this blog; this website carries awesome and really good material designed for visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paragraph writing is also a fun, if you know after that you can write
    or else it is complicated to write.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my
    own weblog and was curious what all is required to get setup?
    I'm assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?
    I'm not very web smart so I'm not 100% positive.
    Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Kudos

    ReplyDelete
  7. Attractive component of content. I simply stumbled
    upon your weblog and in accession capital to say that I get actually enjoyed account your blog
    posts. Anyway I'll be subscribing for your feeds or even I achievement
    you get entry to constantly fast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your info. I really appreciate your
    efforts and I am waiting for your further
    write ups thanks once again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the valuable info you supply in your articles. I will bookmark your
    blog and test once more here regularly. I am fairly sure I'll be informed many new stuff
    right right here! Good luck for the next!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great goods from you, man. I have take note your stuff prior to and you're simply too excellent.
    I really like what you've received here, certainly like what
    you are saying and the way in which in which you are saying it.
    You're making it entertaining and you still care for to stay it wise.

    I can't wait to learn far more from you. This is actually a great site.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a shame you don't have a donate button! I'd
    definitely donate to this brilliant blog! I suppose for now i'll settle for book-marking and adding your RSS feed
    to my Google account. I look forward to brand new updates
    and will talk about this blog with my Facebook group.
    Chat soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My relatives every time say that I am wasting my time here at web,
    but I know I am getting familiarity daily by reading such good content.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think what you composed was actually very reasonable.
    But, think on this, what if you added a little content?

    I mean, I don't wish to tell you how to run your blog, however what if
    you added a title that makes people desire more? I mean "Happy Tour of Hawaii" is kinda vanilla.
    You might peek at Yahoo's home page and note how they create post titles to get people interested.
    You might try adding a video or a pic or two to grab people excited about what
    you've got to say. Just my opinion, it could make your website a little bit more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good blog post. I definitely love this site. Continue the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, yes this piece of writing is truly good and I have learned lot of things from it on the topic of blogging.
    thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this blog.

    I'm hoping to check out the same high-grade blog posts by you later on as well.
    In fact, your creative writing abilities has inspired
    me to get my own blog now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but your blogs
    really nice, keep it up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back later.
    Many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks very nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been exploring for a little bit for any high-quality articles
    or blog posts in this kind of area . Exploring in Yahoo I
    at last stumbled upon this web site. Reading this info So i am happy to exhibit that
    I've a very just right uncanny feeling I came upon exactly what I needed.
    I so much for sure will make sure to don?t omit this site
    and give it a look regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  20. My spouse and I stumbled over here by a different web address and thought I may as well check things out.
    I like what I see so now i'm following you. Look forward
    to looking into your web page repeatedly.

    ReplyDelete