Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Incredibly Dreamy Lavender Field


At first glance, you may think these photos were taken in Provence, France at their world famous lavender fields. You may be surprised to find out that they're actually photographs of a large lavender field in Somerset, England, a place where, if you're lucky (or skilled), you can capture a once-in-a-lifetime shot.
The Somerset Lavender Farm is home to more than 50,000 lavender plants, rows of vibrant bushes spread amongst a 5-acre field. If you come at just the right time (usually June or July), you may be able to capture a photo that looks very similar to an Impressionist painting.
Photographer Antony Spencer, who shot the photo immediately above and below told The Daily Mail, "You have a window of just ten days each year when the lavender is at its best before it's harvested so it's a matter of getting up early and getting down to the field before sunrise. The light was absolutely phenomenal and made the lavender look beautiful. As a landscape photographer you only get those kind of moments once a year."
Especially love the photos of the lavender fields set against dramatic skies.
Top photo credit: Antony Spencer

Photo credit: Antony Spencer


Photo credit: Sandra Kreuzinger

Photo credit: Sandra Kreuzinger

Photo credit: Daugirdas Racys

Photo credit: Graham McPherson

Photo credit: Graham McPherson

Photo credit: Sandra Kreuzinger

Photo credit: Sandra Kreuzinger


3 comments:

  1. With havin so much content do you ever run into any issues
    of plagorism or copyright violation? My blog has a
    lot of exclusive content I've either authored myself or outsourced but it appears a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my permission. Do you know any solutions to help protect against content from being stolen? I'd really appreciate it.


    Check out my web blog; Pikavippi 2000 Euroa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a topic that is near to my heart... Many
    thanks! Where are your contact details though?

    Have a look at my site Laubsauger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your weblog and in accession capital to assert that I acquire actually enjoyed account your blog posts.
    Anyway I will be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement
    you access consistently quickly.

    My blog post ... Laubsauger Test - findnsell.com -

    ReplyDelete