Friday, May 10, 2013

Old Fashioned Cameras Fly Around Like Birds



Photographer Paul Octavious has taken the saying "birds of a feather flock together," and turned it into a visual pun. In his project, entitled Birds of Aperture, all kinds of different cameras have sprouted wings and appear to have taken flight. Just as a bird-watcher might document individual birds, Octavious portrays each camera as its own unique species flying around in mid-air.
No longer do the machines need to be operated by a user. Rather, the otherwise sedentary objects, like the old fashioned Brownie, suddenly have a life of their own. The surreal images were developed from old cameras that Octavious has collected over the years or that were handed down to him from his Grandpa. The artist says, "Sometimes I wish I could get really, really high off the ground to shoot a scene below. I know these guys will get the perfect shot."
If you like this project, you will enjoy Octavious' Lean With It series as well as the stories he tells in his collection entitled Same Hill, Different Day.







2 comments:

  1. I've been exploring for a bit for any high quality articles or weblog posts on this kind of area . Exploring in Yahoo I finally stumbled upon this web site. Studying this info So i'm happy to show that I have a
    very good uncanny feeling I came upon exactly what I needed.
    I so much definitely will make certain to don?
    t forget this web site and give it a glance on a continuing basis.


    Also visit my website: http://endurosreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. After lookіng at a handful of the artiсles on уour sіte, I sеriously apρreсiаte your tеchnique of blogging.
    Ι bookmaгked it to my bookmark site
    list and ωill be checκing bаck in the neaг
    future. Please νiѕit my webѕitе too and tell me what you thinκ.


    my blοg рost; Buy Stairlift online

    ReplyDelete